What if you could access free reliable pregnancy information any time of day, and from anywhere you have an internet connection? Well, guess what? Toronto Public Health offers a free online prenatal program called Welcome to Parenting that is available to all families living in Toronto.
About the program:
This convenient and flexible program has 29 interactive classes that include video, audio, games and quizzes. It also provides the knowledge, skills and confidence to prepare for parenthood. You can learn at your own pace and even pick and choose the topics you are interested in from the comfort of wherever you choose.
Some of the topics in the program include:
- Prenatal Care
- Fetal Development
- Pregnancy Red Flags
- Labour and Delivery
- Managing pain in labour
- Nutrition, Exercise, Sleep
- Environmental Risks for You and Your Baby
- Sexuality in Pregnancy
- Becoming Parents
- Preparation for Baby’s Arrival
- …and much more!!!
Class features include:
- Experts in prenatal, child development and parenting
- An online ‘Parent Zone’ community of other Toronto families
- Dad’s Corner for the unique needs of expectant Dads
- Checklists and worksheets that help with pregnancy, labour and preparing for baby
- Parenting Q&A – allows you to talk to other parents and experts
For registration and other program information please visit: www.toronto.ca/health/pregnancy
Check out our Top 3 reasons to attend a prenatal program. Have you already registered for Welcome to Parenting? Let us know what you think of the program by commenting below!