Are you pregnant and living in Toronto? You may be thinking of attending a prenatal program, but may not have the time to go to in-person classes. Well, Toronto Public Health offers a variety of programs for expecting individuals and one of your options is Welcome to Parenting, our free online prenatal program.
A recent survey asked over 100 participants to share their feedback about this free online prenatal program and if it met their needs. Thanks to all those who participated!
Here’s what they said:
Participants liked that the program was convenient, easily accessible, and can be accessed on a mobile phone.
- Welcome to Parenting is unique in that you can obtain reliable information any time of day, and from any place where you have an internet connection.
Participants frequently mentioned they liked the fact that the program was free.
- Here at Toronto Public Health, Welcome to Parenting is a free online prenatal program for all families living in Toronto. The pregnant individual, partner or support person can all participate.
Participants told us one of the things they liked the most about the program were the videos.
- Welcome to Parenting has 29 interactive classes that include video, audio, games and quizzes. Our class content is supported by experts in prenatal, child development and parenting.
Participants repeatedly said they liked the vast amount of information, including the range of topics.
- Topics such as labour and birth, healthy living, breastfeeding, becoming a parent and much more are covered in Welcome to Parenting!
Other testimonies include:
- “Great collection of facts and tips for pregnancy!”
- “It makes the pregnancy journey really easy and comfortable”
- “Overall I would give it two baby sized thumbs up”
Joining our Welcome to Parenting program is a great way to get ready for the birth of your new baby. You can learn at your own pace and from the comfort of wherever you choose. You will gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to prepare for parenthood.
All you need to do is register online to get started.
Have you already registered for the program? Let us know what you think by commenting below. If you have any questions about prenatal programs, feel free to chat with a Public Health Nurse online or call (416) 338-7600.