Did you know that carrots and potatoes are in season during Ontario’s winter months? This combo provides many important nutrients during pregnancy such as Vitamin Aand protein, which keep your immune system in good condition. They’re also a great source of fibre and iron.
Carrot Potato Pancakes
Bring the family into the kitchen – make this healthy and easy recipe together!
- 4 eggs
- 500 mL (2 cups) finely grated carrot
- 500 mL (2 cups) finely grated potato
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) finely grated onion
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) whole wheat flour
- 2 mL (½ tsp) baking powder
- 5ml (1 tsp) of vegetable oil
How to put it all together:
- Beat the eggs in a medium size bowl, and stir in the carrots, potato, onion, whole wheat flour and baking powder.
- Heat oil in a cooking pan at medium heat.
- Spoon about a 1/4 cup of batter into the pan for each pancake and cook each side until golden brown.
These can be cooked ahead of time and kept frozen until you need them. They’re also great as a snack on the run and pair well with a dipping sauce.
Check out more nutritious recipes on our blog!