Looking for a free parenting program you can access anywhere, anytime, 24/7?
You read all about pregnancy and labour, and now your bundle of joy is finally here.
Your baby sleeps, cries and feeds day and night. You have many thoughts and questions. And when it is the middle of the night, you go online to look for some answers.
You quickly realize that there is a lot of information out there. How do you know which websites you can trust?
Toronto Public Health’s “Welcome to Parenting” program is now expanding to include both prenatal and parenting classes for Toronto families with newborn babies up to six months old.
What can I expect?
Welcome to Parenting (WTP) offers the convenience and flexibility that you need with a newborn baby. There are 24 informative and interactive classes with videos, games, recipes and community resources information.
These classes are reviewed by parenting experts and medical professionals to ensure that the information is up to date.
Parenting topics include:
- Infant growth and development
- Infant feeding and nutrition
- Soothing a crying baby
- Transition to parenthood
- Emotional adjustment
- Healthy sexuality after a baby
Other available supports within WTP include:
- Parenting Q&A where professionals are available to answer your questions
- Parent Zone to connect online with other families in Toronto
- Dad’s Corner and Mum’s Corner
- Red Flags section that can help you decide when you or your child may need to go to a health care provider