Times of illness can be very stressful for parents and caregivers. It’s normal to feel worried and have lots of questions, such as:
- How serious are my/my child’s symptoms?
- Do we need to go to a doctor?
- Is it safe to breastfeed if I’m sick?
- Who can I contact for health advice and support?
If you have questions about your health or your child’s health, remember – you are not alone. There are services available to help you.
Health Connect Ontario has replaced the former Telehealth Ontario. You can connect with a registered nurse for health advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can talk to a registered nurse over the phone by calling 8-1-1 (TTY: 1-866-797-0007), using the new online chat feature or visiting the website to find accurate and reliable information.
Services are available in English, French and other languages. All services through Health Care Connect are free, secure and confidential.
Health Connect Ontario provides health advice – and more!
As well as providing health advice, the professionals at Health Connect Ontario can help you find health services in your community. You can contact Health Connect Ontario if you need:
- Help finding a family doctor or other primary care provider;
- Support for mental health, parenting, stress or substance dependence;
- Assistance with home and community care or caregiver support;
- Advice on nutrition and healthy eating;
- Services from specialized health professionals, who can help provide advice on food and healthy eating, breastfeeding or how to quit smoking.
The number for Health Care Connect is 811. It is for non-emergency health support.