Looking for support for your child’s speech and language development? Does your newborn baby need a hearing screen? Do you have a child with permanent hearing loss, low vision or blindness?
As of April 2022, the Toronto Preschool Speech and Language, Blind-Low Early Intervention and Infant Hearing Programs have moved from Early Abilities at Toronto Public Health to Surrey Place.
Surrey Place is a leading agency in Toronto that provides specialized services for children and their families. Their services include:
- Newborn hearing screening
- Speech and language assessment and intervention
- Audiology services (e.g., hearing tests)
- Early vision development support
You can register for services online, or by calling 1-833-575-KIDS (5437).
The Preschool Speech and Language, Blind-Low Early Intervention and Infant Hearing Programs are fully funded by the Province of Ontario – so there is no cost to families. You do not need a doctor’s referral or OHIP to register.
For more information:
- Connect with a public health nurse via eChat or call 416-338-7600
- Learn more about speech & language, hearing and vision
- Contact Surrey Place to register for a newborn hearing screen or early intervention services: