Did you know October 1-7th is breastfeeding week in Canada? To celebrate, Toronto Public Health is launching a new campaign “Breastfeeding: A way to Care for Our Future.” This campaign reminds us that breastfeeding is one way to care for ourselves and the world we live in by improving the health and well-being of parents and children, reducing poverty, and helping the environment.
Helping the Environment
- No waste
- No utilities required
- No emissions from transport trucks
- Natural source of nutrition
- Breastfeeding is economical
- No equipment needed
- Breastfeeding gives every child the best start in life
Breastfeeding will help protect a child from:
- Ear infections, cough and colds and bowel disease
- SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)
- Some childhood cancers and diabetes
- Being overweight or obese
- The effects of toxins in the environment
Breastfeeding will help protect mother from:
- Breast cancer
- Ovarian cancer
Join us in celebrating this year’s World Breastfeeding Week by sharing our messages!
Happy World Breastfeeding Week!
Connect with us for more information about breastfeeding.
2 thoughts on “Happy World Breastfeeding Week!”
This blog is really cool. I have bookmarked it. Do you allow guest posting on your site ?
I can provide high quality posts for you. Let me know.
Hey Mitch, thanks for the positive feedback. At this point only health professionals working at Toronto Public Health are writers for the blog. We welcome ideas for topics though :>