Winter is here and so are brussel sprouts! Now if you’re like me, boiling brussel sprouts is my least favourite vegetable. But roasting them has become my new crowd pleaser, even for my kids. This different looking vegetable is perfect for pregnancy because it adds fibre, vitamin C and K. Have a look!
All you need is:
- Brussel sprouts, 2 cups sliced
- Olive oil, 2 tbsp
- Coarse salt, ½ tsp
- Parmesan cheese, grated 2 tbsp
Putting it all together…
- Preheat oven at 400 F
- Cut brussel sprouts in slices, at least 3 slices each.
- Toss with olive oil and coarse salt.
- Put on a cookie sheet arrange in a single layer and roast for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Ready to eat and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
Tip: You can flavour them with cayenne pepper, paprika or whatever spice you like.
Per serving (1/2 cup-125ml): 80 calories, 6 g fat, 1.8 g saturated fat, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fibre, 1 g sugars, 1.5 g protein, 65% DV vitamin C, 91% DV vitamin K.