Are you tired of adding greens in your diet? Pregnant and constipated? Looking for new ways to increase your fibre? Look no more! Here is a recipe that is both mouth-watering and will help speed up your digestion. Plus nobody will guess what the key ingredient is. Can you find it?
Here is what you need:
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and mashed
- ¾ cup of Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp of canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
Putting it all together in 4 steps:
- Preheat oven at 3500F
- Line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2 inch overhang on opposite sides.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. With a wooden spoon, beat in eggs, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until just a few moist crumbs cling to a tester inserted in the centre. Do not over-bake. Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Using paper overhangs as handles, remove from pan and transfer brownies to a cutting board. Cut into squares.
Makes 16 servings