Craving a homemade frozen treat? Keep reading.
During these hot summer days, you are probably looking for delicious frozen delights to enjoy. No fancy ice cream maker? Not a problem. There are plenty of options that you can make at home that do not require appliances or lengthy preparation.
Fruity popsicles, frozen milkshakes and even your own homemade ice cream can change the way you enjoy desserts at home.
By choosing to make your own fruity treats at home, you are making healthier choices for you and your family.
We have two easy delicious ideas for you today. For both of these treats you will need a blender (any basic blender would do the job).
Magic Banana Ice cream
- 1 Frozen banana, sliced
- 1 tsp. Honey (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Peanut butter (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy immediately or put into a container and freeze for later.Note: You can add other seasonal frozen fruits such as blueberries or strawberries for variety in flavour.
Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles
- Popsicle molds (6 popsicles) or empty yogurt cups
- 2 cups of strawberries, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Combine the strawberries and sugar in a bowl and let it sit for 20 minutes. The mixture will become syrupy.
- Blend this mix in a blender until pureed.
- Add lemon juice and Greek yogurt and pulse a couple of times to mix.
- Divide into molds and put in the freezer for at least 8 hours.
Which one of these treats will get you through the summer? Feel free to comment below and let us know.
One thought on “Easy homemade frozen treats”