Make your next party an alcohol-free one. There’s a variety of ideas for you to make drinks that everyone can enjoy. Remember, there is no safe amount of alcohol to drink when planning a pregnancy, pregnant, or breastfeeding, but that doesn’t mean the party is over for you. The key is to be creative and have fun!
Tips to help you plan a refreshing drink for your next party:
- Start with a clear and unusual shaped glass if possible to make it look more interesting.
- Use lots of ice, for a cold touch.
- Have 100% fruit juice and/or sparkling water as your base. Lemonade is a very flexible and easy choice that goes with almost everything.
- Milk or frozen yogurt are great options if you are feeling for a creamy drink instead!
- Frozen fruits like blueberries, raspberries or mango make great bases to add some sweetness.
- Cut slices of fresh fruit such as kiwi, strawberry or lemon for decoration.
- Play with colour and contrasts between fruit and fluid which will make it more appealing to the eye.
- Dare to add some of your favourite spices as garnish such as cinnamon, mint or rosemary sprigs.
- Shape your ice and add pieces of fruit to it such as pineapple or herbs to add flavour without diluting your drink.
- Take your time to enjoy your creation and make sure to prepare extra!!!
Now let everyone enjoy your creations!!
Sunny Lemonade Mocktail:
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Add about 1/4 of the glass with pomegranate juice and then top up with lemonade.
- For decoration sprinkle some pomegranate seeds.
Enjoy and have an alcohol-free pregnancy.
Share some of your mocktail recipes with us by commenting below.