Make your next party an alcohol-free one. There’s a variety of ideas for you to make drinks that everyone can enjoy. Remember, there is no safe amount of alcohol to drink when planning a pregnancy, pregnant, or breastfeeding, but that doesn’t mean the party is over for you. The key is to be creative and have fun!
Tips to help you plan a refreshing drink for your next party:
- Start with a clear and unusual shaped glass if possible to make it look more interesting.
- Use lots of ice, for a cold touch.
- Have 100% fruit juice and/or sparkling water as your base. Lemonade is a very flexible and easy choice that goes with almost everything.
- Milk or frozen yogurt are great options if you are feeling for a creamy drink instead!
- Frozen fruits like blueberries, raspberries or mango make great bases to add some sweetness.
- Cut slices of fresh fruit such as kiwi, strawberry or lemon for decoration.
- Play with colour and contrasts between fruit and fluid which will make it more appealing to the eye.
- Dare to add some of your favourite spices as garnish such as cinnamon, mint or rosemary sprigs.
- Shape your ice and add pieces of fruit to it such as pineapple or herbs to add flavour without diluting your drink.
- Take your time to enjoy your creation and make sure to prepare extra!!!
Now let everyone enjoy your creations!!
If nothing comes to mind why don’t you start with these recipes or try one of my favourites taken from Best Start’s Mocktail Recipe Cards.
Sunny Lemonade Mocktail:
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Add about 1/4 of the glass with pomegranate juice and then top up with lemonade.
- For decoration sprinkle some pomegranate seeds.
Enjoy and have an alcohol-free pregnancy.
Share some of your mocktail recipes with us by commenting below.
If you have any concerns or questions about alcohol during pregnancy , please connect with us via eChat or call (416) 338-7600.