On hot summer days, a cool snack can be refreshing and satisfying. You and your kids will love this three ingredient strawberry yogurt bark recipe. It is so simple to make and the variations are limitless. You can even involve your kids in making it.
Offering snacks like this recipe that have a combination of carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats will:
- give your kids the fuel they need to keep their energy levels up
- support their growth and development
- keep their blood sugar stable
The Greek yogurt used in this recipe, is a great source of protein and calcium for little kids. I prefer the whole milk version of Greek yogurt, as this also provides a good source of healthy fats that supports a child’s brain development. The fruit in this recipe will provide complex carbohydrates and fibre that help with feeling full and to regulate your child’s digestive system.
- 2 cups whole-milk Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 to 1.5 cups fresh or frozen strawberries sliced
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or pasteurized honey (Do not use honey for babies under one)
- Set half a cup of strawberries aside.
- Blend Greek yogurt, remaining strawberries and maple syrup in a blender until smooth.
- Spread the yogurt mixture evenly on a baking sheet.
- Arrange additional strawberries on top.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours or until firm
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Topping variations: granola, nuts/seeds, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and other berries.
This snack is something the whole family can enjoy. Just remember for babies under two avoid chocolate chips or any small toppings that can create a potential choking hazard, such as granola, nuts, or big pieces of fruit.
Please comment and let us know how you would make this yogurt bark!