In Canada, Breastfeeding Week is celebrated annually on October 1-7th to promote the importance of breastfeeding. The slogan this year is Breastfeeding: Foundation of Life.
Breastfeeding provides the foundation for good health for mothers and babies.
Helping the Environment
- No waste
- No utilities required
- No emissions from transport trucks
- Natural source of nutrition
- Breastfeeding is economical
- No equipment needed
- Breastfeeding gives every child the best start in life
Breastfeeding helps protect a child from:
- Ear infections, cough and colds and bowel disease
- SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)
- Some childhood cancers and diabetes
- Being overweight or obese
- The effects of toxins in the environment
Breastfeeding helps protect mother from:
- Breast cancer
- Ovarian cancer
Help us celebrate World Breastfeeding Week by sharing these messages with family and friends.
Happy World Breastfeeding Week!