March is Nutrition Month! Join Toronto Public Health in recognizing the important role dietitians have in promoting health through nutrition. This year, Dietitians of Canada wants you to know that there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to healthy eating. Healthy eating looks different to everyone. We all have our own culture, traditions, preferences and nutritional needs.
Here are some tips to help you ‘find your healthy’:
- Eat with your family. This is a great way to spend quality time together and explore different cultural and traditional foods.
- Involve kids in planning and preparing meals. This helps teach them food skills and the importance of health eating.
- Add variety to your foods. Find what works for you and try new things.
- Enjoy your food! Eat in a way that works with your culture, traditions, preferences and nutritional needs
- Follow Canada’s Food Guide which promotes plenty of vegetables and fruits, whole grain foods and protein rich foods.
To help celebrate Nutrition Month, Dietitians of Canada is sharing nourishing recipes. Check them out and let us know your favourite recipe. Which one will you try first?
To speak to a dietitian call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000.